I have come up with idea for new activity for children to learn basic geometry and basic shapes. It seems too. unfair to talk about idea without even a piece of code in hand, but I want your comments and input to get the idea matured first.
The main motive is to design it as a game and with simple front end (I will post UI prototype later) but main idea behind the activity is to:
1) categorize basic shapes according to difficulty
2) show one shape (say with middle difficulty) to child for few second
3) ask him to imitate (redraw) the shape on canvas
4) check the accuracy of shape to its original *
5) show difference to child
6) give next shape from similar or different category according to his ability **
7) wrap whole thing as exciting and interactive game
* I have written simple NN program to recognize basic shapes and alphabet, I am plannin to reuse the code.
** The idea is to first start with difficulty level tuned to child ability, giving him enough practice and increasing difficulty afterward
I will be writing this activity for XO (OLPC Laptop) and will host code soon on repository, please help me by suggesting and commenting about this idea.